Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Lapu Lapu First Stake Creation

One of the historical places here in the Philippines is Lapu-Lapu Island. This is where the battle between Lapu-Lapu, the chieftain, and the Spaniard Ferdinand Magellan took place. I wrote this because I've been a tour guide for many guests coming to Cebu for almost seven years.



The growth of the Church here in Cebu is exponential, and it has indeed been a blessing for every Latter-day Saint to witness this amazing Church grow. One aspect of this growth is the creation of stakes in the Philippines.

Since I was transporting an Area Seventy during this time, I was able to attend the creation of the Lapu-Lapu Stake. The location of their building is in Agus, Lapu-Lapu City.

I was a witness to this creation, and this stake is the 130th stake in the Philippines. The first Stake President is Martinez. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget